Happy fall y’all!
It is that time of year when we bring out the pumpkin and try it in alllll the things. First up, oatmeal cookies! These pumpkin oatmeal cookies are made with quality ingredients and aren’t too sickly sweet. They make a perfect breakfast treat or on the-go afternoon snack for a little extra fuel. Plus, this recipe is both fairly simple, with just eight common ingredients, and super quick, with just fifteen minutes of baking time, which makes the whole thing even better.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Whole wheat flour
- Baking powder
- Peanut butter
- Canned pumpkin
- Maple syrup
- Dark chocolate chips
Here is how to make them:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. You’ll need to use 1 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. You’ll need to use 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup peanut butter, and 1 cup pumpkin.
- Mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together. Add about 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out cookie-size amounts onto the baking tray. This will make 12-15 cookies depending on the size you scoop/how big you want your cookies. (I didn’t bother greasing the baking tray and the cookies turned out fine and didn’t stick at all, but if you want to grease it before this step, go for it.)
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
What fall treats are you baking this year?