While I don’t hate cooking, I don’t love it. (For me, it doesn’t get much fancier than making kale chips or roasting brussels sprouts). There’s something about baking though. I’m not the best, but I really do like it.
Below is a new recipe I recently tried out for Peanut Butter cookies.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Coconut oil
- Coconut milk (I’m sure any other milk/milk substitute would work!)
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Baking soda
- Vanilla Extract
- Sea salt
- Oat flour (I’m sure this could be replaced with a whole wheat flour, gluten-free flour, or just plain ol’ regular flour- I just used oats because that’s what I had on hand!)
- Place 2 tbsp coconut oil and ¼ cup coconut milk in a saucepan. Warm but be sure not to bring to a boil.
- Pour coconut oil and milk mixture into a bowl.
- Add ¾ cup sugar, 1 cup peanut butter, and 2 tsp vanilla. Combine.
- Add ¼ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp sea salt, and 1 ¼ cup flour. Combine.
- Place bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- While waiting on your dough in the fridge, go ahead and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop dough into cookie-size amounts on a sheet. (I used an ice cream scooper!). Push a fork into the top of each cookie for to create the lines (totally optional though)!
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Have you ever made peanut butter cookies? What is your favorite cookie recipe?