I love anything that involves peanut butter. These peanut butter oat balls are no exception. With just five ingredients, they are the perfect on-the-go or pre-workout snack. It’s a added bonus that this recipe is super quick and simple. It doesn’t involve any baking and can be done in about 30 minutes.
Here is what you’ll need:
- Peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Ground flax seed
- Dark chocolate chips
Here is how to make them:
- Start by heating 1/2 cup peanut butter with 1/2 cup maple syrup on the stove until melted. Stir as needed.
- Mix the dry ingredients (1 cup oats and 1/2 ground flax seed) in a medium bowl.
- Pour the peanut butter/maple syrup mixture into the bowl and stir.
- Add dark chocolate chips. I didn’t measure during this step. You can add as many or as little as you like.
- Put mixture in fridge for about 20 minutes.
- Remove mixture from fridge and form “balls”. I made about 18 balls with this recipe.
These turned out really well! They taste a bit like no-bake cookies but a little more granola-bar-ish and a little less dessert-ish. I definitely recommend giving this recipe a try! 🙂