If they’re made right these things can be delicious. This is a fairly quick and easy recipe that I’ve been using for years.
To start, all you’ll need is a bag of kale, olive oil, and spices of your choice. I like to use pepper, sea salt, onion powder, and garlic powder, but I’m sure they would be good with pretty much anything.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat your baking tray(s) with an non-stick olive oil cooking spray.
- Gather your ingredients.
- Put the kale in a large bowl. I like to use enough to fill two baking trays.
- Pour olive oil on the kale. I never measure mine instead choosing to eyeball it for the sake of simplicity.
- Using tongs or (clean) hands, toss the kale leaves and olive oil together. You will want to make sure you evenly coat all the leaves. This will ensure every chip is nice and tasty!
- Spice it up. Again, I don’t measure the spices but instead just eyeball it.
- Now that the spices are added, toss it again.
- Spread out your kale on to the baking tray(s).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. I usually check them at 10 minutes and decide how much longer they need to go.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Obviously I’m no chef. I just wanted to share a tasty recipe that I’ve been enjoying for years. I’d say it’s a good sign when your little sister who rarely eats a vegetable says they’re good!
Have you ever made kale chips? Is there anything you would add or change in this recipe?