These chocolate chip pancakes are delicious. Like most of the recipes I post, these are plant-based. There are only 7 ingredients needed and they can be whipped up in about 20 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Whole wheat flour (I used whole wheat but I’m sure oat or any other flour would be just fine)
- Baking powder
- Coconut milk (I used coconut, but any non-dairy milk would probably do the job)
- Coconut oil (melted)
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips
Here is how to make them:
- Mix dry ingredients together (1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, salt). I didn’t measure the salt- I just added a bit.
- Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Add wet ingredients to the mixture (1 cup coconut milk, 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil, 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract).
- Stir in about ½ cup dark chocolate chips. The amount can totally be adjusted to your level of chocolate obsession. 🙂
- Heat a pan to medium heat. I used about a teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan to cook with.
- Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of batter per pancake into pan. This will end up making about 6 pancakes.
- Cook each pancake for about 4 minutes before flipping and cooking another 2 minutes on the other side.