I have been all about the baking lately. I made peanut butter cookies recently but was craving something with a little more chocolate. Enter: brownie cookies. These just might be the best thing I’ve ever baked (!!!). I started out wanting to make brownies, but didn’t have the best pan to bake them in. I decided to use the batter to make cookies instead, and man, they turned out to be good. If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter, I would definitely recommend trying this recipe out!
Here is what you’ll need:
- Oat flour (I’m sure you could substitute any other flour if you don’t have oats on hand)
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Coconut oil
Here is how to make them:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a baking sheet (I just used an olive oil spray).
- In a bowl* combine the dry ingredients. Use 1 ½ cups of oat flour, ½ cup cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1 cup brown sugar, and a little bit of salt (I didn’t measure out the salt instead just doing a couple shakes!).
- Next, combine the wet ingredients, Use 1 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup coconut oil, and ½ cup water.
- Drop dough into cookie-sized amounts on a sheet (I used a large spoon for this step). This recipe will make about 18 cookies (depending upon the size of your cookies).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
*I actually used a blender instead of a bowl to mix all of the ingredients throughout the duration of the recipe. I was thinking it would be easier since I needed to blend my oats for the oat flour first but after doing so I realized just mixing everything in a bowl would have been just fine! Either method will do, just trying to save y’all a step if you already have your flour ready! 🙂